Sunday, June 19, 2011

Some Assembly Required = Progress

OK yes I admit long time no blog! It has been just a little over a week.
But...... I have been busy getting the studio ready.
Some of the best buys come with "some assembly required" on the box.
Here are some of the new additions to the studio.


This is the coffee cart I put together.

 almost together-

















Yes Dream Fire Studio has coffee or hot tea for students who need a boost before or during workshops. If you stop by to shop there's a cup for you too.
I know in the Texas heat hot beverages my not be quite right but I need a cup of coffee in the morning. The studio is an extension of my home and I want everyone to feel welcome and comfortable.

The chairs had to be put together after they were painted and the cushions recovered- A big thank you to  Darrell for the great job and amazing paint he used on the chairs. Beautiful is all I can say.


recovered and waiting for the chairs

 If you go back to the first two chairs I recovered the material is a print with happy bright colored flowers.
The fabric was no longer available so I used the "best" colors from those chair and a little inspiration in the form of a dust brush.

 Pink, lime ,black and olive seemed to be a good mix. something for everyone. Yes Kim and Kelly the pink chairs are for you.


just a few of the finished chairs














You can't do everything by yourself sometimes you need help.  My most excellent crew of helpers - my husband and son have been working hard helping me get things ready. Here they are at work.












Some things you just have to build yourself.
My husband and I designed and built these glass rod holders. Again some assemble required after the design and drilling all those holes, painting etc. we have to put them together






























This one is for the COE 104 glass. Rods in the rack will be sold by the rod
The boxes below will hold rod that has been bundled into quarter pound ,half pound and pound bundles.
That way you buy a little ( try it before you buy a bunch) or if you know its the glass for you can buy a pound or two.

Not full yet but you get the idea!
Here is the best husband ever working on the Bullseye glass rod holder. 




He's cute and handy and mine!
I'm going to have lots of glass Moretti, a little Vetrofond, Messy, Double Helix in COE 104 and maybe more if you ask for it. In COE 90 what else is there? BULLSEYE  you know how much I love Bullseye glass and you know I really like those special colors they come out with every month. I'll be stocking up on Bullseye next. Don't worry yes there will be yummy frit ,dichroic noodles and other goodies in both COE's and enamels too.

Last but not least this week we did a little work on the bathroom.
Replacing the old office bathroom light not only updated the bathroom it brightened it up in there.
All we need to do is hang the towel holder, a mirror and that necessary room is done.



Old light not too pretty and dark


Nice and twice the light
It has been a busy week we got a lot done and we are closer to opening the retail part of the studio. That could be as soon as the end of the month.
I'm still thinking it will be September before the hood and gas are ready to go BUT you never know once the momentum gets going things could start happening faster.
Keep checking in. Call me if you want to drop by 210-342-3473 I'm not there all the time right now so leave a message and I'll call you back.


No comments:

Post a Comment