Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Murrini

Time flies when your having fun - yeah right - time flies no matter what! So I haven't posted in a while.I was busy with the doing and not the talking about it.
 Luminaria happened. I got downtown late after teaching class so Glass alley was going strong. SAGAG members were showing beautiful glass. Larry West and his crew was blowing glass.The Brother's of the Flame were dancing with fire. The SALSA members where busy making beads so I thought I'd do something a little different.We were on Hot Heads and the wind was blowing. That is my protect the public from flying glass screen. It helps a bit with the wind too.

I made a bunch of small sculptures,strange flowers, birds in tree's and such. I knew at the end of the night they would go in the trash  but sometimes it is just in the creating that is the art.



















Now back to the Murrini I made about 7 different combinations so far and I am really liking what they do on a bead. They have a reptilian feel to them an other worldly reptilian so I'm calling them Dragon eye murrini.












I've also been making these earrings with the dragon eye beads. I like they way they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment