Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fresh out of the Kiln

Yesterday was open torch at the studio so I took advantage of the torches being fired up and sat down to make a few things myself.
I do love making the Dia de los Muertos sugar skulls. I get to sculpt in the flame,use my murrini and decorate the heck out of them with flowers. You can't look at them without smiling they truly are the grateful dead. Even though the day of the dead is in November these skulls full of flowers just makes you think spring. OK so maybe I'm a bit twisted.




The other beads I got done are for the Red, White and Blue mass bead exchange. which will be tonight at the SALSA( Society of Artisan Lampworkers in San Antonio) meeting. I finished my 12 beads I hope everyone likes them.



top















bottom


No comments:

Post a Comment